September 15, 2006

We're Home!

We're finally home! We arrived at O'Hare around 4:30 p.m. on Sept. 14th after about 20 hours of grueling travel. Sheehan slept for about 8 of those hours. The other times he was mostly delightul, but there were a few moments of kicking and screaming, due to him not getting his way. :-)

Grandpa & Grandma Hall were waiting at the airport to pick us up. They had to wait for about an hour so we could go through customs and immigration. Sheehan became a U.S. Citizen yesterday upon entry into the country!

Sheehan then got his first ride in a car seat. He fell asleep after a little fidgeting. He LOVES his highchair and didn't want to be taken out after we got home. We love the Bjorn Bib because it catches all the food he drops and Sheehan can hide his bananas and spoon in there too. He enjoyed Grandpa Hall's goofiness and Grandma Hall's attention. They watched our home while we were gone and organized and fixed things for us. It was amazing and such a delight to come home to! They also had the kitchen table set up with presents and decorations for Kate and Sheehan for their birthdays.

Grandpa & Grandma Hall with Sheehan (we're not sure what Sheehan is doing to Granpa's nose)


Grandpa & Grandma Hall posing with their Grandpa and Grandma shirts from China


So far Sheehan and Lolita (the cat, aka. Fuzzy Kitty) seem to be getting along ok. I was concerned that she would hide or worse, hiss at him. She hisses at Fleurette when she comes over, but I think that's because Fleurette is not afraid of fuzzy kitties because she has one. Sheehan points at her and says meow-meow. He is tentative about going up to her unless we are holding him. I think Lolita likes it that way. So, she has been around a lot and is very excited that we are home to pet and love on her.

Kate is heading to the doctor today. Her cold has gotten worse from lack of sleep and jet lag. Her throat and ears are still really bothering her. She's grateful to be able to visit a doctor in the States.

We hope all of you have enjoyed following along on our blog while we've been in China picking up Sheehan. We will probably be posting regularly (I'm not sure what regularly means yet) on this site for anyone interested in checking in. I know that grandparents want to stay posted on what Sheehan is doing. Thanks for everyone's comments! It was so awesome to have this kind of communication going on in China and to know that so many of our friends and family were supporting and praying for us!!! Thank you! Print Friendly and PDF

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:41 PM

    Hi! Welcome home!! I was so excited to see a new post from you guys and to hear that you made it home safely. Happy to hear how well the flight home went. Hurray! Kate continue to feel better! Thanks for keeping us updated on all that you did in China. It was really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:28 PM

    Hey Hall Family!! Welcome back to America!! Happy Birthday Katherine today!! and Happy Birthday to Sheehan on Monday!! I have sent both of you cards. Also.. I have my package of welcome baby Hall coming..you will probably get it next week sometime. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:35 PM

    Oh-em-gee.
    Guys. I am so glad you are home. I can not wait to meet Sheehan. Kate! You are a MOM! That is so weird! But awesome! I can't wait till Sheehan grows up! Ok, so...when am I going to meet the newest member of the Hall fam? Will you be at Sonlife on Monday? I hope you feel better Mommy!!!!!
    Love,
    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:40 PM

    Hey Kate and Steve!
    I've been reading your blog like the past week or so-I hadn't heard about it until Dave put something on his blog! I am so happy for you!! I'm so glad that everything went well and you all got back ok--and it looks like it was a pretty cool trip! I can't wait to see Sheehan! Hope to see you all soon!
    Mary Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:00 PM

    YAY!!

    Thank you so much for posting. I can rest easy now that you guys are home. It has been so wonderful "watching" all of this unfold and it's truly amazing (as you are well aware) to see so many prayers answered!

    HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the the two of you!!! Our package will be on the way really soon. Gotta get myself to Mailboxes!

    Take care and I hope you feel better really soon!

    God Bless you all (even more!)!!
    Fitz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:34 AM

    Glad you all made it home safely. :) Kate, wishing you better health now that you can take proper care of yourself. As nice as a hotel is, it still isn't home. Praying for an easy adjustment for Sheehan to his new home!
    jeff and jeanne turner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:00 PM

    I'm so glad you're safe and sound at home. What a trip. something you'll never forget. I loved Sheehan saying..."Hi"...to me on the phone......love you...lm

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

A D.I.Y. Blogger Template by Sommerfugl Design