|Absolutely adorable. Can I get an Amen?|
- You own your design. It belongs to you, nobody else. You get the credit...or...get laughed at for your creation.
- I learned a lot of things (see "what is taught" below) that I would never know if someone else designed my blog.
- I learned a lot about html. I can now make future changes (with Desirae's included eBook close by) when I get sick of my new site.
- I get to design it myself. I majored in Design in college. Okay, it was one design class...Interior Design, but I got an A...(pause for effect)...so, of course I want to use those same skills I used to create that sleek and modern man-cave to produce something that totally represents me on my blog. And I think I did that: feminine and simple (wait...), with a focus on my writing (I decided against the designs that represented me as someone who rarely showers and lives in a pig-sty, no matter how accurate they might be).
- The basics of coding for your blog (CSS and HTML).
- How to design a great looking header image and blog button.
- Fonts: How to install them on your blog, and use them in your designs.
- Backgrounds: How to add them, and what works best.
- The blogger elements, and how to customize them.
- The Navigation Bar: how to customize it and how to create drop-down menus.
- How to add social media buttons.
- Adding additional widget areas to your blog.
- The little extras: post signatures, post dividers and more.
- How to install your new blog design.
a Rafflecopter giveaway