Check out my new McBloggy! If you're reading this via email, you have to come check out my new digs (Mom, that means click this link to my blog, so you can see it because I been pimpin' my crib and it's lookin' flyyyyyy.).
And I did it all by myself thanks to Desirae at Sommerfugl Design who asked me to test and review her Blogger Design eCourse.
|Absolutely adorable. Can I get an Amen?|
Well, now's your opportunity to change all that!
Enter to win a Blogger Design eCourse that takes you step-by-step through the process of designing your own blog.
One lucky follower will WIN a spot in the Sommerfugl Design eCourse (a $25 value)! Just enter the giveaway below. The eCourse is November 15th, so mark your calendars and enter away (should you enroll in her eCourse directly, then win the giveaway, Desirae will refund your money)!
Off the top of my head, here are a couple benefits of designing your own blog:
- You own your design. It belongs to you, nobody else. You get the credit...or...get laughed at for your creation.
- I learned a lot of things (see "what is taught" below) that I would never know if someone else designed my blog.
- I learned a lot about html. I can now make future changes (with Desirae's included eBook close by) when I get sick of my new site.
- I get to design it myself. I majored in Design in college. Okay, it was one design class...Interior Design, but I got an A...(pause for effect)...so, of course I want to use those same skills I used to create that sleek and modern man-cave to produce something that totally represents me on my blog. And I think I did that: feminine and simple (wait...), with a focus on my writing (I decided against the designs that represented me as someone who rarely showers and lives in a pig-sty, no matter how accurate they might be).
When is the eCourse: The first course will start November 15th, with other courses to follow (you can sign up for December 15th as well).
Price: $25 (unless you're the lucky winner! Then it's free.)
Length: There will be a number of lessons over a two-week period. You'll have access to all lessons and personal help from Desirae for one month.
Size of Class: Limited to 30 people.
What’s included: One month access to the lesson site, an eBook with the general lessons for future reference, free blogger templates, resource lists, one-on-one help from Desirae, peer feedback on your design, and video tutorials.
What is taught:
- The basics of coding for your blog (CSS and HTML).
- How to design a great looking header image and blog button.
- Fonts: How to install them on your blog, and use them in your designs.
- Backgrounds: How to add them, and what works best.
- The blogger elements, and how to customize them.
- The Navigation Bar: how to customize it and how to create drop-down menus.
- How to add social media buttons.
- Adding additional widget areas to your blog.
- The little extras: post signatures, post dividers and more.
- How to install your new blog design.
Want to ensure you have a spot in the November 15th class? You can purchase your place in the Desirae's Design Shoppe by clicking here. The December class is also currently on sale.
Now, it's time to enter to win!!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway